Monday, August 25, 2014

Anticipating Blessings: The Belly Blessed Fest by Mommy Mundo!

Another empowering event for moms and moms-to-be just transpired, and I was at the heart of it all! Blessed indeed to be the emcee for this year's Belly Blessed Fest by Mommy Mundo and Creative Juice. Held at the Podium Mall, this annual event showcases the best mom and child related brands and also features many inspiring mompreneurs who are so talented indeed! 


Through this event, I am reminded to find ways to live my dream. I actually have one product I totally believe in, however I just do not know where to start! One Saturday I asked my neighbors around if they can create for me the design I wanted. But that was just my first try; I look forward to more attempts and who knows, I might soon be posting all about my idea, and maybe the rest of the country (and the world) will love this simple innovation too. But let's save that for another post.  

Glad to have met a lot of lovely mommies, moms-to-be and mom-preneurs throughout the two-day activity, and exchange thoughts with them on raising kids, handling careers, and caring for ourselves, too and also trying to squeeze in time to live out our dreams even if it be just one small step in a week. We discussed safety for children, wellness and all the many things close to every woman and mother's heart. We also got serenaded by Lady I, a phenomenal local reggae band, and during day one, we had Samba School Imperatriz Filipinenze who showed the audience some awesome baby-wearing samba dance moves! 


Above: Having a lovely chat with the talented reggae front-lady of Lady I! 

I am indeed so blessed, and thankful to be where I am now. I and all the other women I have met there, we all have different stories, we each have our own personal battles that we have to fight each day, for ourselves and for the ones we love the most - our children.  What matters is that we keep moving forward, keep our hearts ablaze and eyes focused on our goal, and like our innocent little ones, take baby steps - and soon we realize we are there! It was very nice to share stories and learn from other parents, especially the other mothers. It is amazing how Mommy Mundo has built this community of empowered women who derive strength from each other, and I am so proud to be part of it! 

Photos below of Day 1, where I also had a lovely backstage chat with Ms. China Cojuangco, for the Cord blood Banking Segment by Cord Life Philippines. 



For now I will take it one hosting gig at a time, while trying to excel in my day job too, all while enjoying every single day with my adorable, smart little boy who wants to be an Engineer! So little time, so much to do. I will keep enjoying, praying, hoping, working until I get there. I'd like to end by sharing a lovely quote by Mother Teresa: 

"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put love in our action..." 

- Marylaine Viernes

No comments:

Post a Comment