Saturday, August 15, 2015

A SPY-tacular Movie Review for The Man from U.N.C.L.E

Warner Brothers' latest blockbuster, The Man from U.N.C.L.E was one awesome ride! Its tongue in cheek and yet high-octane humour, it got me gripping my seat in excitement and laughter. Plus, with its fantastic set design (based on the 1960s spy series of the same title) and even more fantastically cast characters, the girls along my aisle - and myself - as if on cue, would swoon over Henry Cavill (maybe 'coz we won't forget that he was the hottest Superman ever and until now I wonder how anyone can have such a chiseled, perfectly manly face) and also Armie Hamer who did quite grow on me too with his charming, bright-eyed Jude Law vibe.

Napoleon Solo (Cavill), an ex-criminal turned super spy from the US (CIA Agent), and his forced and unlikely partner that won't let him run 'Solo', Ilya Kuryakin, super spy from the Russian Soviet Union! Together, they try to battle criminal elements that vow to make the end of the world closer - following the disappearance of the weapon's creator. And if you think two's company (or a crowd when you come from competing groups), think again for they are joined by Gaby (Alicia Vikander),  the daughter of the missing scientist for a triple dose of hotness. 

My favorite part (and the part I can relate to) was when Solo played WAZE to Gaby in an exhilarating ride, clutching his old-school map, fleeing death in the craziest manner! I surely would't mind trading the Waze App on my phone for Henry Cavill and his old school map minus the gunshots! Make sure that you catch this film - a classic indeed - classic dose of laughter and thrill! 
Another favorite scene - and my friends from the LGBT community almost rejoiced to - but it is not what you think. Watch the movie and see it for yourself! 
Lastly, to those wondering, U.N.C.L.E. stands for United Network Command for Law and Enforcement. It's something you and your family - especially the uncles - will enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment