Tuesday, August 18, 2015

The best VACATION you'll ever take (A Movie Review)

Where do I even begin? Don't expect me to share something profound about the latest hit movie presented by Warner Bros Philippines: VACATION. This movie truly caught me off guard; from the awesome scene with Keegan Michael Key I lost my brakes and just kept on rolling with laughter until the end of the movie!  
VACATION is a remake of the hit “National Lampoon’s Vacation,” a classic comedy that my mom also loved when it was shown back in 1983, with Chevy Chase as the original Griswold dad. To my mom’s delight, Chevy Chase makes a cameo but this time, his son, Rusty is all grown up, leading his own family through sidesplitting misadventures. 
The movie is top billed by Ed Helms, Christina Applegate, Skyler Gisondo and Steele Stebbins and they make up the idiosyncratic Griswold family. The movie also boasts of a remarkable list of superstars as part of the supporting cast and the most notable would probably be Chris Hemsworth (Thor of the Avengers) but it was Norman Reedus (Daryl of Walking Dead fame) that solicited the loudest “ooohs” from the crowd with his enigmatic charm (though that thing in his truck still haunts me ‘til today).
Chris Hemsworth has never been this THORriffic. I stared only at his nice hairstyle. I promise, that is all that I stared at, LOL! This part here was downright crazy. Crazy funny. You need to see this movie!!! 
It was quirky, raunchy and downright mirthful and I promise you it will drive your blues away! It may not be a ride for the entire family as the movie is strictly R-18, but for adults like you, watch it! All I can say is that I haven’t laughed like that in years!

No comments:

Post a Comment