Monday, March 10, 2014

A lookback at being part of Senator Koko's Campaign and Victory Party

Way, way back (was it 2006? 2007?) I was part of the senatorial campaign of Aquilino "Koko" Pimentel. Yellow is not my color, but being part of it made me wear yellow in aspects more than just wearing a yellow shirt. 

I shared my writing expertise and also took part in a few rallies and activities. It all gets murky when you recall the tale of how Koko Pimentel finally got his rightful seat in the senate. It was long and arduous but he made it. So I would like to share a few snaps of his Victory party... 




I emceed the victory party with Jojo Alejar. 



The symbolic candle-lighting and Thanksgiving prayer with his allies including Grace Poe.  


Also present was Ms. Shalani Soledad Romulo. 

This event showed how resilience and faith in God will lead you to wherever you deserve to be. And politics aside, I am thankful for being part of this event, and somehow, this journey. (But other than this, I despise politics, corrupt government officials and especially hate how big an amount is cut from my paycheck each month for taxes - which have never benefited the Filipino people directly!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment